it would be a multi-starrer!
- Dad would be the hero, and I, his sidekick. He, I am sure, would not allow anyone other than Amitabh Bachchan to play his character.
- Mom would start as the god-fearing, caring and (s)mothering Nirupa Roy. After the interval, which would be marked by my marriage to a girl of a different caste, she would change into the critical and caustic Mom-in-Law, played by no other than the brow-quirking, word-munching Lalita Pawar.
- Wifey would start as a minor character, who in the latter half of the movie would grow into a witty albeit snotty daughter-in-law. She wouldn’t care who played her character, as long as the actress had natural curls.
- The dog will play herself, because she’s the only one born for the role. What other dog can be trained to sleep eighteen hours a day, hog my bed, decide when to bark and when not to, make those super-cute faces, and change loyalties at the drop of a treat?
Then of course, there would be those other characters – that keep appearing and disappearing – including my extended family. So I’ll give them a slip and talk about a few others who encumber my life more frequently.
- My current client who is the Head of Technology in his organization, could be played by either Om Puri or Morgan Freeman. The man is an iceberg. More hidden under than seen over.
- Mrs. Chaddha, our meddlesome next-floor neighbor, who had a finger in every neighbor’s pie, can be played by no other than Sumit’s Mother.
- Mr. Goyal, our know-all, forever-right, wife-denigrating neighbor can be played only by himself, or by Achmed’s head stuck at the end of a stick.
Did I miss someone?
No, nobody. Right?!
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Ready for Your Close-up.”
—— §§§ ——
Comical stories from Indian authors | Indian humour parody bloggers – laughter and fun | Blogs filled with Indian humour and jokes by Indians | Websites and blogs – Satire by Indians | Satire and comedy on Indian culture and society | Full of comedy, jokes, funny stories – QSM Magazine | Indian humor magazines with desi tadka | Bloggers from India writing funny jokes and comedy | Humourous and funny twist of Indian culture | Bollywood jokes and parodies in desi style | QSM Magazine – humour and parody from India | QSM -The Indian magazine full of comedy, funny jokes | Comic stories and humour from India | Books filled with humour and parody by indians |